Arho is a software craftsman who is interested in clean architecture, sustainable development, and rigorous test automation. He believes in the autonomy of decision making in teams, psychological safety, and trust. He has broad experience in multiple areas of software development, and is always looking for possibilities for improvement.
Nordea is one of the top ten financial services companies in Europe based on market capitalisation.
- Establishing a new team at the branch office
ABLOY is a hallmark of trust. Setting the global benchmark in advanced locking and access management systems.
- Forming a new software team from ground up
- Mentorship around agile mindset, DevOps culture, testable architectures and sustainable development practices
- Development of scalable backends (AWS ECS, Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture)
Fastroi Ltd are an innovative Care Management Software provider specialising in real-time data collection solutions for managers and care workers.
- Establishing a more agile mindset in the company and introducing better DevOps practices
- Bringing a rather old technology stack to modern standards (Spring Boot, Java, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS)
Syncron Tech develops and delivers software solutions to boost production in industries and energy sector.
- Design and implementation of production planning and manufacturing execution systems (Java, Apache Wicket, ExtJS, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Development of test processes and test automation (Jenkins)
Digia is a software and service company that helps its customers renew themselves in the networked world.
- Participation in various mobile projects ranging from Symbian OS to Maemo to iOS (C++, Objective-C, Qt)
- Mobile test automation tool development (Digia QualityKit)
- 6 months consultancy for Nokia at Boston in 2010
Santa Margarita designs and creates challenging customized solutions for industry and service sector.
- Design and implementation of server-side and front-end solutions (Visual Basic, C++, ASP, MS SQL Server)
- Implementation of an SMS alert system for various purposes
WebSite Oy designed web-based applications for local companies.
- Design and implementation of dynamic web pages (CFML, PHP, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
JCI is a nonprofit organization of young active citizens age 18 to 40 who are engaged and committed to creating impact in their communities.
- Awarded 'Best Project Implementation 2011' (Lappeenranta Fortress Christmas Fair)
- User Story Mapping
- Example Mapping
- Contract testing
- Static analysis
- Domain-Driven Design
- Infrastructure as code
- Security by Design
- REST APIs
- OAuth 2
- JUnit 5
- Spring Boot
- GitLab CI
- Team culture
- Learning organization
- Mountain biking
I've worked with Arho in new product development and it was at least mind opening. Arho has had a massive influence on how I think about agile development and how things should work when talking about procuct management. The impact he made on me, and the whole company was huge. The number one agile methodology brain washer I know.
Arho is very technically oriented, but sees the big picture - how the product development affects sales and aftermarket support. He can think of the whole development cycle, from discovery to implementation to fast releases to improving to get maxmimized outcome fast for customers.
It's kind of a rare trait, since even though he can organize the team to work efficiently with agile principles, he always sees that the whys should be discovered and shared with the team before implementing anything that is not necessary. Technically talented person with a view on how the essential value can be created throughout the process.
So, thank you Arho for brainwashing me with this ideology, it's been one of the best things that I've experienced. It's been a blast!